August 18, 2010

He made me stand up..

Fingers round, lashes joint, that's how I must have been placed in Dad's arms. I close my eyes and I can ideate how happy he must be when he must have taken me close for the first time.

I held his little finger to help myself stand up and walk my first step. He helped me as every parent does. He helped me to get up again when I fell down. Running towards him when he returns from work is all I can remember. 'cause I still do that :P. 
I grew up in his presence in every phase of my life. He made me his friend. Rather, we built up that relationship automatically. We both shared every possible thing. Yes, time did change as I grew older but there was no time when we felt sick of each other. 
Shifting to the new place, I realized what the world was. I was afraid of the new world. But he supported me every time. I mean every time.

"I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough way
And we talk and window shop till I forgot all their names..

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today

I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am

I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run

And I had the best days with you.." 

Reminding these tiny parts of my childhood, he expresses his love towards me. Still. I wonder how would he feel when I'll go away.. These thoughts are sometimes interesting as I think about my future life. But sometimes, they are painful as it also takes me to my Dad's world.
He calls My life as sixteen Golden years of His life.. 
Tears roll down when I think about he going away or I doing the same.. 
I have seen how the world changed for him and me too. But we both are still the same. Friends forever. :). 

Cheers' for you, Dad..
Thanks for being my Father, friend, companion, support, everything..
I Love You and will always do.. :) 

4 comments: